6 Weeks Dos & Donts??? Started by: Goldie

• Author
    29p
    Menu

Hiya,

So I’m nearly 5wpo but my 6 week check up falls bang on my birthday & my partner is taking me away for a long weekend as a surprise & told me to bring a bikini….I’m thinking it’s a spa wknd.

My insisions are still scabbed in little areas & ive only been having light showers so as not to get them soaked yet. So at six weeks what’s the situation with getting them soaked if I were to swim in a pool? I’m thinking defo avoid jacuzzis because if germs etc?

Also the bra situation – mine are still exactly the same still very non-moving hard rocks on my chest so I really can’t see at 6 Weeks they’ll squish into a nice normal bra. I know we all heal at different stages but are we only supposed to be wearing normal bras once they have totally soften u before forcing them into a different shape?

Thanks, any advise would be appreciated. Xx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Claudine 196
    196p
    Menu
    +2

Hi Goldie 🙂
    Will be lovely for you to get away youv’e had quite a rough ride, if your still a little scabbed then a swimming pool is a no no unfortunately and a hot tub even more so (Herpes can be contracted in a hot tub/jaccuzzi) if you still have a week to go though they might be healed enough at your 6 week check (are you having the check before you go?)
    As for the firmness im in the same boat,im 7wpo on monday and mine are still really hard i can’t get any bra on except my high impact, the lady who measured me last monday said it was like trying to put a bra on a manequin so no bra would touch me until they soften, if your given the ok to bathe and your going to an actual spa break as appose to a hot tub within accomodation then maybe a non fitted swimsuit might do just for this trip?
    xxx

Goldie 29
    29p
    Menu

Hi Claudine,

Thanks my lovely. Yes my 6 wk check up is next Thursday & we go away Friday the following day so will be nice to hear what the nurse says in general, but I agree with you until they are completely scab free & 100% closed I won’t be going in any communal waters.

Also I don’t even have a bikini that’s fits anymore, all my old ones are super padded uplift ones, so with these ‘rocks’ they won’t be fitting in anything! I feel like a mannequin too!

Yeah it’s been a rough ride with no change what so ever in 5wks so far with one still being very square underneath, other than them getting smaller 🙁

I have a very odd feeling in my left boob when I lay flat & when I lean over forward, I don’t know how to describe it something just doesn’t feel right. It’s like there’s a metal bar stuck from my nipple to my rib cage. Does that make sense? It just feels really uncomfortable. Hoping there’s nothing wrong inside but will tell the nurse.

I’ll keep you posted. Hope your getting on ok though. Xx

Menu

I’m so glad you posted this I’m 6 weeks on Monday and mine are still rock hard. I’m glad I’m normal lol

Loraine 5
    5p
    Menu

Hi I’m 17 days post Opp and mine are still hard I asked nurse this week if they will ever be able to be pushed together in a bra as I really can’t see how they can. She said yes when they soften and fluff. Fingers crossed the only thing they seem to be doing st the moment is getting smaller. Trying to stay positive though.

Roxanne 36
    36p
    Menu

I had my 6 week check up today the nurse said i could now use products on the scars! I am allowed to wear normal bras with the advice of try not to wear underwire all the time.
    X

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.