6 weeks post op, when can I run Started by: sam

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Hi girls any fitness enthusiasts out there??? I used To go running 3 times a week and since having op 6 weeks ago I haven’t done a so gle bit of exercise an I’ve piled on the pounds. Anyone know when best to start running again? Is 6 weeks too early???

Becky 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m hoping to have my op done in january and this is one of my main concerns! I am in the gym 5/6 times a week and not going for 6 weeks+ is a horrible thought!! At my consultation my pc said 6 weeks but other girls on this forum have started gentle exercise before then I think!! Would be interested to see what others say? Xx

Gail
    0p
    Menu

I don’t think I’ll be able to go 6 weeks with no exercise. I love spin class, my fitness levels drop a lot when I have 2 weeks holiday. I think I’m going to power walk after the 1st week

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

im worried the same! but i dont do much cardio, mines more weights. worried ill loose all my strength! espesh as im having unders :S

Menu

I’m 4 weeks post op and I’ve started gentle weights and core exercises (started 3 weeks post op)… I attempted a treadmill job but it was awful so I think il wait a couple more weeks xoxo

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.