8 days after having 300cc overs and still struggling to move? Started by: Vicki

• Author
    4p
    Menu

So as the title says I’m 8 days post op. I don’t feel in pain but I’m very uncomfortable, finding it hard to stand up straight, I have a spot in the top right area of my back which is really painful and I’m finding it hard to get up when I’m laying or sitting down. Everything just feels like so much effort. Is this normal? I have a 1 year old daughter and I’ve been having to lift her but I can’t bring her close to my chest as my incisions hurt when I do that and laying on my side is impossible. Her dad had a week off work so I’ve only been doing all the childcare on my own since yesterday.
    I’m due back at work on Monday (I’m a care assistant do this will involve ring on my feet for 12 hours and lifting) and am panicking that I won’t be ready

Abbie 43
    43p
    Menu

Hi Vicky, I was much the same as you (Im 8 weeks now) I read on here lots of girls that had no or very little pain and I was still shuffling about at 7 days. I went back to my GP and got some more pain killers, yeah they gave me a bloated tummy but it was so much better than being in pain! I was due to go back to work at 8 days but there was just no way I could so I took a few extra days off sick, but slowly I started to feel better and by day 11 is could move about normally and was free from pain killers other that a couple of paracetamol I still look on a morning. Hang in there, the worst is done you will start to feel back to normal soon xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.