8 days to go and can not give up smoking!!!!! Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu

So 8 days pre op can not wait!! However I’m struggling do bad to stop smoking I know it’s 2 weeks before and after and booked my op 12 days before but I really can not do it 🙁 how dangerous is it to just carry on smoking? X

Katy
    0p
    Menu

If you genuinely can’t go cold turkey, just cut down as much as possible I would!! Obviously if you can quit it would be better, they obviously ask you too for a reason the same as they say no drinking and to stop your pill, but just smoke as little as possible if you can’t stop completely if I was you x

Jackie
    0p
    Menu

Hi Keiley,

If it makes you feel any better…… I didn’t quit and had no troubles with healing etc. I did as Katy has advised and cut back where I could. I also didn’t smoke the night before and day of my op. I didn’t smoke for about 3 days after my op either… but that’s purely because I didn’t fancy it!

X

candybabey 3
    3p
    Menu

Smoking thins out the blood and also can cause more bleeding. During surgery and have less oxygen circulation, and longer healing process.

Maybe try getting one those mini pens almost like shishas, they are very affectIive I know few people who have quit after smoking many years up to 40 cigs a day to nothing. you can get different flavours aswell xx goodluck

Francesca -1
    -1p
    Menu

It adds more risk to your surgery as you’ll have less oxygen circulating, which is obviously not ideal when you’re being operated on.
    Try and cut out as much as possible, it’s only another few days out of your life xx

Chanel
    0p
    Menu

@keiley i no the feeling i gave up did well for 6 wks n now i have 2 n a half wks till op n have been smoking on n off forpast week just due to stresses ov life that have bin thrown my way just reduce as much as u can bab x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.