9 Days Post Op and still lots of swelling :( ???? Started by: Lauren

• Author
    1p
    Menu

Hi Girls,

Just wondered if anyone has had similar..

Im 9 days post op and had 300/400 due to asymmetry – Partials, HP from an A/B cup. I still feel like they are very high, swollen/round and not dropping or fluffing yet still with a bit of a fake look and lots of other girls look nice and natural and have dropped into place a few days post op. Its like a constant tight feeling too which is really uncomfortable. I have been trying to sleep as upright as I can but just slip down even with a V pillow and wake up flat in the morning and quite sore.

I have been taking Ibuprofen and Arnica tablets and using Ice but still isn’t making a different.

Is anyone else having or had similar to this – I’m starting to get really fed up and worried now that they aren’t going to look how I was hoping 🙁 xxx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Forgot to say also my sides around my rib cage feel really bruised and sore.. 🙁 xxx

lauren 5
    5p
    Menu
    +1

I’m 8 days post op and one breast is a lot more swollen that the other and also has some air trapped which nurse said should dispurse back into the body. I am still having trouble with the sides around my ribcage, but neither of mine have yet dropped, it can take a while just have to be patient hun!! Im sure they will look great after they have settled completely. xx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

That’s reassuring.. at least I’m not the only one 🙂 I just feel like theyre so big and in my face at the minute with a gap in the middle! fingers crossed they drop soon lol.

Are you still sleeping upright? xxx

lauren 5
    5p
    Menu

Yeah still trying to sleep upright haha! Not being that successful end up nearly if not flat on my back with major neck ache! I don’t feel there big, but I keep forgetting that I have them and trying to do things that then make me cringe with the muscle tightening lol. Hopefully they will settle down soon – the worst pain I’ve had is around my ribs! other than that my recovery has being great, how are you going other than the swelling? . xxx

Menu

Hi Lauren I’m definitely in the same position! Had mine done on the 4th march 2015 and they are still very swollen and bruised and hard and painful!!!! I went for my 1 week check up with the nurse and fainted and had extremely low blood pressure. Luckily my surgeon was carrying out a procedure at the clinic so think he came in to check I was still alive!! He looked at my boobs,said the swelling,bruising etc is normal n he wasn’t worried about any of it so that was really reassuring. We’ve just get to wait,roll on week 6!!xx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

That’s exactly the same as me lol.. My V pillow has been useless really! Ive tried using it and just building up loads of pillows then my bum goes numb and I have another pillow under my bum its so annoying!! lol 🙁

My recovery has been really good too! Have had hardly any pain – only pain has been from the awful strapping pulling my skin!

I think I feel like they are so big because if I accidentally knock them they dont move at the minute where they havent softened – hopefully it isn’t too much longer its so frustrating! I feel so uncomfortable but have just ordered a Macom because they look a lot more supportive 🙂 xxx

laura 7
    7p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Lauren this sounds completely normal. I’m 10 days post op and mine are still swollen some days one more than the other which looks strange. Also I felt bruised a few days back and more bruising appeared. Try not to worry everyone recovers at different speeds x

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Hi Laura!

You were the day before me! 🙂 At least we know we aren’t the only ones! I just feel so uncomfortable all the time because my sides are really pulling and theyre just so hard! I guess some girls just heal quicker and were the slower ones 🙁 There are so many girls that look amazing a few days post op! I am so impatient but hopefully all the waiting will pay off haha!

I hope youre ok after fainting!!! Good thing the surgeon was there to reassure you though! xxx

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Thanks Laura!

It’s just worrying when you go through such a big procedure but I know it does take a while for everything to settle down, just have to be patient 🙂 I just hope they don’t look as round when they settle.. im sure they will be fine!

Sneezing hurts a lot though 🙁 haha xxx

Menu

Yep think we are the ones with the weaker pain threshold for this op!! My mum just keeps reminding me about my holiday in a few months to look forward too but it’s hard when everything hurts still,even to laugh!! Yeah the fainting i suffer from already when have needles etc so not related to having the boob job!y surgeon did recommend putting ice on them for the swelling tho which I hadn’t done before so I’ve been trying to do that when I can past few days. I’d be a lot happier with no back ache n numb bum I think!!

Lauren 1
    1p
    Menu

Its strange because I havent actually been in much pain!! its more uncomfortable – I think I have quite a high pain threshold but maybe my body has less tolerance to new things lol! I started putting ice on them too.. feels so much better after then in the morning theyre sore again!! mainly my left one because it had the bigger implant!! Hopefully the healing process will go quickly for all of us!!! 😀 xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.