9 days post op check – a bit worried Started by: Cliona

• Author
    42p
    Menu

Hi ladies,

Just had my one week check at 9dpo, my left looks amazing, perfectly healed and super neat, my right looks battered and bruised and a bit angry and was oozing a bit.

The nurse said it’s not infected so I don’t need antibiotics but to keep an eye out for bleeding or excessive oozing.

I haven’t been signed off to drive or to shower yet. I have to go back on the 26th for a further check.

I’ve got to admit I’m a bit worried, I am an anxiety head anyway but I’m panicked it’s getting infected. It doesn’t help that I didn’t have support from 3 dpo and have had to look after the house and the three kids on my tod as my husband has been away since Monday.

Has anyone else had similar? All of see on here are posts about girls getting signed off to shower at 7 days post op. Two more weeks is a long time to wait 🙁

Chelsie 20
    20p
    Menu
    +1

I’m not babe I had my 7 day check up on Wednesday had my op last Wednesday and still can’t shower for another week don’t worry xxx

Cliona 42
    42p
    Menu

At least we know there’s two of us in this boat Chelsie.

I know it’s because I’ve been doing too much. I’m going to try to focus on eating better this week and not doing so much housework.

Is it only one of yours that isn’t right too?

victoria 81
    81p
    Menu
    +1

Mine was 2 weeks hun, and my right boob didnt heal as quick as my left!. Even now my left boob is still the best hahaha.. xxx

Cliona 42
    42p
    Menu

Did they say yours was oozing? I’m freaking out about infection/necrosis/sepsis etc now. Got myself into a state! Lol.

Chelsie 20
    20p
    Menu
    +1

No she didn’t say anything was wrong with them my boyfriend said there was no fluid or anything. Think it’s because I only had glue on the outside and had strapping on for a week. They’ve not oozed at all x

Chloe 122
    122p
    Menu
    +1

Ive seen kids of ppl can’t shower for couple weeks, maybe go to your Dr and ask if you can have antibiotics to be safe coz Ur panicking about it, if you get a course it will fight anything that could be lurking in there xx

Chloe 122
    122p
    Menu

Loads not kids! X

Cliona 42
    42p
    Menu

This is what it looks like

I asked the nurse if I should possibly extend the antibiotics as I finished them today & she said no but if it started leaking heavily to call her.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cliona 42
    42p
    Menu

I’ve only just finished the antibiotics today so I’m likely just being an anxiety moron. Lol. I do have more of the same antibiotics in my medicine chest in case I end up poorly over the weekend.

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.