2.5 wpo feeling blue Started by: CakeLady

• Author
    6p
    Menu

As the title says, I’m 2.5 wpo and feeling really down. It’s not my boobs as such, I’m really pleased with them, I think it’s the lack of sleep? Does anyone feel the same? I’m sleeping almost laying flat, but always wake up at 2:30am and have to change to an upright position then struggle to get back to sleep. Me and my other half are usually super cuddly during the night and I think because I can’t go on my side we’re not close at all during the night so I’m feeling disconnected from him. I’ve got a massive mouth ulcer from where I’m run down and a cold – think it’s all getting on top of me. My boobs still ache too – is this normal at 2.5 wpo? I just so desperately want to feel like me again – when does that start to happen?

Sorry for the moany crappy post 🙁 xx

Becca 169
    169p
    Menu

I think the aching is normal. They are still healing and adjusting at this stage. I am 19 days post op now and my left boob was aching last night and now my right boob is tingling this morning. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so run down. I guess everybody’s body will react differently to surgery, which is a major trauma after all. Your body has probably been putting all its resources into healing your boobs and so forgotten about looking after the rest of your system a bit. I’ve got used to sleeping a bit weird now, at first it was awful and I had such bad back pain. I am still sleeping at an angle and on my back, really propped up using a bed wedge with two pillows behind me, one pillow under my bum and a travel pillow to support my neck. I still slip down a little in the night and sometimes wake up and adjust myself but I haven’t felt a real lack of sleep or anything like that. It is all going to be worth it in the end, no matter how rubbish it feels now. I suppose everybody gets back to normal at different rates, right now I feel I still lack strength in my arms and can’t do some of the things I could before surgery, driving is more difficult and pushing and pulling in every day life takes a bit more effort, but by four weeks I think we should probably be feeling much more like our old selves!

CakeLady 6
    6p
    Menu

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I’m feeling a bit better today – I managed to lay on my side propped up a bit with pillows for about an hour last night so actually got to cuddle my other half!

I’m waiting for the 4 week mark then! Xx

Millie-Rose 33
    33p
    Menu

I know everybody’s different but when I went in for my 1wpo I was told I could start sleeping on my side if I preferred and that made everything soooo much better! I know what you mean about the cuddling – my first week was so hard not being able to cuddle my boyfriend at night but now we sleep pretty much the same as we used to (currently 24dpo) and have done since 2wpo x

CakeLady 6
    6p
    Menu

That’s so good to read – thank you! Xx

Becca 169
    169p
    Menu

Glad you’re feeling a bit better now! I think as time goes on you will feel so much more normal. I keep on surprising myself every day, it’s almost as though I’m totally back to how I was before my surgery now and I’m 3 weeks post op today.

CakeLady 6
    6p
    Menu

That’s so good to read!

The one thing that’s bothering me at the mo is that my skin and nipples are SO sensitive and sore to touch – is that normal?! Xx

Becca 169
    169p
    Menu

Yes! Completely normal! My right nipple especially is insanely sensitive at the moment! I am trying not to touch anything right now unless I can’t avoid it, but again I think this will ease with time. Some girls lose all feeling in their nipples at first, which is normal as well.

Millie-Rose 33
    33p
    Menu

The sensitivity is soooo weird isn’t it ?! Can’t wait for that to go down a bit !

Becca 169
    169p
    Menu

Sometimes I can even feel my bra just touching my nipple and it is too much!

CakeLady 6
    6p
    Menu

I know – I sat in bed this morning without a bra on before getting in the shower and even my duvet touching my boobs was agony!!!

Linsey Waite 10
    10p
    Menu

I’m the opposite girls I’m 3 weeks post op and have no sensation in my nipples!

LL300 7
    7p
    Menu

Ugh I know what you mean about the nipple sensitivity – I’m 12 dpo and every slight brush against them hurts like hell!

Cakelady I hope you’re feeling much better now. As someone said I think it’s probably just your body feeling a bit overwhelmed/rundown after the trauma. Hopefully you’ll be back to normal in no time

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.