2 days post op! 400cc overs with Mr Gary Traynor Started by: Ellie

• Author
    23p
    Menu

Hi girls, had my surgery on 24th April with Mr Gary Traynor at the first trust hospital at Preston. My whole experience was amazing and I couldn’t fault anything, all of the staff at the hospital were so lovely and helpful. I worked myself up for nothing as it was so easy the whole surgery. I’m just interested to know how you girls felt this soon after the op? I’m feeling quite sore and swollen as expected hoping this will go down relatively quick! I’m going to try bath today any tips would be fab???‍♀️ Xxx

Georgia 29
    29p
    Menu

I had mine on the 8th and for a week I felt so swollen, tight and sore. I also had a lot of shortness of breath and on the first week I experienced a lot of unhappiness about the whole thing tbh. However after it did improve after day 6/7 a lot and from two weeks apart from the things I’m not allowed to do I feel like my normal self, a lot happier and the only thing I feel is when I wake up it’s a bit tight but after I walk around I don’t feel anything x

Ellie 23
    23p
    Menu

Ahh thank you for that Georgia, I do feel all those things you have experienced! I’m quite scared to take off my post op bra and actually look a them?? x

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Ellie 23.
    Jodie 70
    70p
    Menu
    +1

Having a shower is much easier if you have one! Take the shower head down and wash lower half.. It’s possible to wash your hair too without getting incisions wet. Flip your head forward.. Keep your bra in too it makes you more careful! It’s quite hard to get out of a bath in the early days as you have to use your arms, if you have to bath turn over onto your knees before you get out doesn’t put as much pressure on your arms xx

Ellie 23
    23p
    Menu

Ahh thank you, yes I have a shower so will try this if you think it’s easier! Xx

Georgia 29
    29p
    Menu
    +1

I was scared to take mine off as well! I didn’t look at my scars either on my first post op appointment I only looked at two weeks! But they change so much and my 1day post op, 1 week post op and 2 week post op pictures are completely different!! The change is unreal. I basically felt depressed the first week like what have I done but it gets so much better I promise! X

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.