2 DAYS POST OP: My entire experience from start to finish Started by: maya henry

• Author
    47p
    Menu
    +3

I can’t tell you ladies enough how much this forum has helped me so I wanted to post details of my own experience. When I was reading these I wanted every single detail so I’ve tried to be as thorough as possible. If you don’t enjoy a long read, then this isn’t for you!

I’m almost 26, 5’1, 48kg and a size 4/6/8. My pre op size was a size 30B. I met with my surgeon who recommended 300cc but said my max would be 350cc. I really wanted as big as possible as I’ve read a lot about boob greed, so went with 350cc. The implants were textured, round, high profile, and over the muscle.

As much as I wanted big boobs, I did want the shape to be natural so considered going for teardrop implants. Spoke to my surgeon about this and he said that as my boobs are more bottom heavy with no upper pole, the teardrop implants would only reinforce this shape whereas the round would correct it and give me a better cleavage. I trusted his decision but was still a little nervous about the possibility of seeing that hard circular line at the top because I am very slim/ lean up top.

I got to hospital for my surgery on the 26th Feb at 7:30am. Changed into my gown, knickers, and dressing gown and slippers were provided. Just my luck, came on my period an hour or so later. Was prepared for this though so just put a sanitary towel in the paper knickers as you can’t wear tampons in surgery. All my obs were taken, everything was fine, and was taken down to surgery at 11am.

I woke up at half 12 in the recovery room. Felt SO drowsy and delirious and my vision was a complete blur. I didnt feel the heavy feeling on my chest that everyone else speaks about but felt pain more at the bottom of my boobs, I presumed it was around the incision sites. Nothing unbearable though. Was wheeled back down to my room, and speaking to my friend who accompanied me to hospital that day helped the drowsiness of the anaesthesia wear off a little quicker.

I had a very very dry mouth so was taking frequent small sips of water. Enough to rehydrate my mouth but not too much as to induce vomit lol. Ordering the sandwich was also a mistake. The bread was sticking to the roof of my mouth because it was so dry and then I needed even more water. Had half the sandwich before I gave up because I didnt want to risk throwing up.

A couple hours later i was able to wee by myself and insert a tampon in. No trouble flushing the toilet either. Walking slower than normal but was still able. Surgeon came to see me and said everything went well. I was told to keep my Macom on for 8 weeks and the breast band on for 2 weeks. Was discharged around 6pm and stayed in a hotel nearby. The fresh air felt amazing.

I am now 2 days post op and I am not an incredibly emotional person, but this has been an emotional rollercoaster so far. I think because I knew I was having overs, I really underestimated how much pain I would be in. I don’t feel too much pain or pressure at the top like other people have described, it’s more by the incision sites. I have had a peak from underneath my bra at the dressings to check there is no leakage or bleeding and everything looks fine. I have the odd shooting pain, but I expected this and think it is just my nerves reconnecting. I am only on paracetamol and ibuprofen for pain relief and know I would be in much less pain if I took the codeine given, but I really don’t want to be constipated so have avoided it for now.

I have taken off the band briefly to readjust it etc and LOVE how the upper pole looks. No harsh line whatsoever, and a really gentle slope even this soon after surgery. The hard circular line was one of my biggest concerns and I am so so happy I didn’t get this. The 350cc definitely look big, but I’m not sure if this is just swelling. Do overs fluff and get bigger the same way as unders? Either way, I don’t think I’ll ever have to wear padding or use chicken fillets again in my life THANK GOD.

And something else to note, my nipples are HUGE in comparison to before lol. I had quite small nipples to begin with and have full on burger nips atm but have been told these will settle in a couple of weeks. One was quite dry from where they’ve stretched so much so I lightly moisturised both to avoid cracking. The areola is numb to the touch but the actual nipples are quite sensitive. And also, my boobs look like traffic cones atm lol. I expected this though. Guess the next couple of weeks is me just waiting for the pain to subside, and for my nipples to shrink, and for my boobs to look less pointy! I’ll keep this thread updated xx

maya henry 47
    47p
    Menu

Also I know these posts are much less helpful without photos so I will post before and after photos soon! I haven’t actually taken my Macom off yet to have a proper look at my boobs but I will do this in a week when I go to have my dressings changed. As I don’t have anyone to help me recover etc, I just don’t want to risk opening the bra in case I am unable to put it back on x

Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Hey Maya Henry

That was so nice of you to write this as alot of people do worry I’m 3 weeks post op and I know I would have been happy to read this when I was so nervous about having mine done
    Hope your doing good and good to know that your happy so far 😊xx

maya henry 47
    47p
    Menu
    +1

Thank you so much Pink, I’ve been following your journey from even before you had your surgery! How are you getting on now? xx

Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Hey Maya Henry πŸ’ž

Awww have you 😊 thank you
    I’ve also been following yours !
    I’m doing great thanks I’m nearly 4 weeks post op it seems to have flown by
    still have abit of tender breasts but I’m definitely over the worst of the pain
    mine have changed a few times they started off high but one is slightly higher then the other because one seems to have dropped quicker then the other lol
    I just can’t wait to see the final result Now still have alot of changing to do now though

My boobs also looked like traffic cones but this went down by week 2 πŸ€£πŸ™thank god lol nipples are still so tender too
    touch especially when my macom bra brushes against them 🀒
    xx

Kayleigh 2
    2p
    Menu

Hi everyone I’m 5 days into my op and I’ve come up with a rash can’t get rid of it mainly on my tummy and arms. It’s so itchy and finding hard not to scratch it anyone else had this before?

Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Hey Kayleigh πŸ’ž

I’ve not experienced this my self but a friend of mine has and she was told she must have had an allergy to the medicine they give you when you had your op
    It started on the tops of her boobs and then spread to her arms and abit on her belly
    contact the nurse and ask her about it to see what her thoughts are πŸ’ž
    Xx

maya henry 47
    47p
    Menu
    +1

Before vs 4 days Post Op! Long way to go but happy so far. Too scared to take my Macom off though and can’t wait for my nipples to shrink back down lol

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Maya Henry πŸ’ž

😲They look sooooo good you must be so happy πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž the difference is amazing
    I was the same scared to take off my macom bra thinking it’s going to be too painful it was bearable when I did take it off though I was always looking at mine because couldn’t believe I actually have boobs now lol I had to stop always looking at them at the start because I was unsettling them when ide just taken pain killers so the pain started again especially the horrible burning sensation you get 🀒 xx

maya henry 47
    47p
    Menu
    +1

I think I’m going to try my best to hold off on taking off the bra until my 1 week post op. Just scared of the pain and also I know it’s very early days so don’t want to potentially be disappointed or concerned with what I do see because they haven’t fully settled yet! for example I can tell my nipples are huge and even though I know they’ll settle, I don’t want to really see them just yet because I know it will make me panic and obsess over them lol. But so far I’m so happy with what I can see, it sounds ridiculous but when I look at them I just feel like these are the boobs I was always meant to have xx

Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Maya Henry that’s what I wish I did is not take it off I took it off maybe 2 days after I got home from the hospital because at one point when they was cone shaped lol I thought they would stay like that even though I knew what to expect because my surgeon told me before hand hahaha but I always seem to think the worst sometimes πŸ˜¬πŸ™ˆπŸ€£ I dont look at them that much now at 3 weeks and 6 days post op just going to let them recover and keep my macom on for as long as possible now until I’m allowed to wear a normal bra
    my nipples never went huge they are still small like they was but have heard others go bigger and settle back to how they was before the op once the swelling goes down
    awww it doesn’t sound rediculious I know exactly what you mean 😊
    I’m so glad that your happy with what you see I’ve got a friend who had her b/a last week and she’s not keen they are not what she hoped they would look like πŸ™ˆSo hopefully she likes them once they have fully healed πŸ™ˆ xx

Kayleigh 2
    2p
    Menu
    +1

Hi thank you pink princess123, the rash has settled down I have my assessment tomorrow so I will mention it to the nurse. Just in a lot of pain sleeping it so uncomfortable now. Can’t wait to see the results scared to take the bra off lol. πŸ’•xx

JMA2020 1
    1p
    Menu
    +1

I’m following this as I had my op 29/2 and was/am similar size to you Maya Henry. I’m interested where you ask β€˜Do overs fluff and get bigger the same way as unders?’ As I’m hoping mine will look a little bigger when they are settled!

maya henry 47
    47p
    Menu
    +1

@jma2020 seems to be mixed opinions but most people are saying overs don’t drop and fluff the same way as unders as they aren’t being held down by the muscle, which is what I expected! I reckon they’ll look rounder and give the illusion of looking a little bigger as they soften up because they’ll be more squishy lol but I don’t think we’ll get a size increase the same way unders do in their recovery because ours were never compressed down by the muscle to begin with xx

Anonymous
    10p
    Menu

Hey Kayleigh πŸ’ž

Your welcome 😊glad to hear the rash has settled now
    believe it or not the pain does get easier it might not feeling like it. Now but it will 😊
    I left my macom bra on for like 2 days post op before i decided I needed to have a look lol it did feel uncomfortable taking it off but it was bearable I just had to breathe through it lol let us all know how you get on with the nurse tomorrow πŸ˜ŠπŸ’žxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.