2 days post op really struggling Started by: Megan

• Author
    57p
    Menu

I know it’s only been 2 days but the pain is so much more than I anticipated, my chest feels so tight and my left boob keeps getting a really sharp pain. Plus I can’t seem to get comfy in bed or on the sofa, I’m having a nightmare! I keep reading about all the girls that have a really easy recovery and I know it’s all completely normal that I’m in a lot of pain but I could do with some moral support!?

Rainbow 8
    8p
    Menu
    +1

Hi megan, i totally understand where your comming from, i am 7dpo and had the week of recovery i never want to repeat. Its been so much more then i anticipated and have even had a few breakdowns of why have i done this to my self.
    I have been so unlucky to get a full blown cough cold and throat infection days after the op, that in it’s self has knocked me of my feet. I struggled for days with constipation pain regardless the amount of laxatives i had been taking days previously and again that’s a pain i dont want to repeat.

I am a size 8 was a 32a before and had 250 implants partial under and over the mucle. My consultant told me that was max size i could have due to my skin tissue and size, i feel maybe this isnt helping my recovery , my skin is still very tender and i can imagine been stretched.

Sleeping and positioning wise i struggled the most with what ever way i sat i couldn’t get comfy and found even now hard to lean on one side.
    Its true what everyone says which has helped me strongly reading everyones stories. It does get better.
    Im 7dpo and can see a massive improvment in my self, i am still feeling latheargic (but im feeling that bug related finally getting out of my system) .Today i have done alot more around the house so started to actually feel usufull, but have had to sit down now as i feel drained.
    Past two days i can put my own t shirts on with out my husbands help and even managed to reach into a cupboard of a plate .(haha simple things we take for granted in life) i still have a very long time to recover and still at 7dpo worrying how slow my recovery is compared to other ladies exeriences. My husband goes back to work sunday so i have two kids (one 4 months old ) to look after alone , im panicking i cant do it.

Im the same as you, my left boob gets sharp stabbing pains and still does ,alot more uncomfortable then my right breast. I have my check up tmw so looking forward to finally taking this tight bra off and see them.

Stay strong , well both get there im sure x

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu

I’m so sorry you’ve had such an awful week! I think I saw so many stories about girls who just took a few paracetomol and were up and out as usual after a few days that I kind of expected I would be the same. I can’t even go to the toilet without my mum helping me pull my trousers up and I think I’ve cried 4 times already this morning!
    I’m happy to hear you’re finally on the road to recovery, the only way is up for you from here then lovely. Is there anyone else who can help with your little one if you struggle? It’s nice to hear of other people who are in a similar position to me, I just hope it is all over for us both soon xx

Rebecca 29
    29p
    Menu
    +2

I’m 2 weeks post op but the first few days were horrible for me! I was getting pain in my lower back from being sat and lay down so i just couldn’t get comfy for days, i still have some discomfort now but i promise you’ll be over the worst of it in no time! Xx

Louise 20
    20p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Megan. I’m 3 days post op and day 3 was by far my worst! I’d had a great op day and felt really good but Im wearing the same clothes as its all I can put on when hubby leaves so early. I’ve found that wriggling my bum helps me to get pants/trousers up and down for the loo whereas before I’d try to pull down stood still as normal and that was agony. Hubby had to wash my armpits with a flannel I smelt so bad ?. Total indignity. You’ll work out little ways to make things easier. My left side is so much better than the right. I can do very light tasks with the left but struggle to move the right without feeling like I’m being stabbed or ripping the scar open. Keep telling myself to think of the end result ?. Hope you get some comfort soon xxx

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu
    +3

Thanks for the replies girls, making me feel less alone in all of this! My left boob feels like my incision is going to tear open when I move, plus I’m getting bloated because of all the pain killers so I’m dossing up on laxatives too! I just keep thinking of the end result and I know it’ll all be worth it but I just wanted a bit of moral support, you see so many positive recoveries it’s nice for us all to be able to talk about our struggles too xx

Monica 122
    122p
    Menu

How are you feeling Megan? Is it any better now? X

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu

No Monica I’m in a lot of pain still, the bottom of my left boob hurts a lot and I can’t really even move x

Monica 122
    122p
    Menu
    +2

I can only say it will be better. I’ve been through the same thing and I know how important is to get as much relax as possible and if you can’t move, just stay in bed or sofa. Your body is weak and needs time now. Keep taking painkillers but if you can, swap codeine for ibuprofen and paracetamol in order to ease the bloating xx

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu
    +1

Thanks lovely. I’ve been on the phone to the nurse today and she doesn’t seem worried about the pain, said its all normal and to maybe try tramodol if the pain is that bad. It’s so much worse than I expected it to be, trying my best to stay positive but it’s hard when I can’t even walk downstairs without help?xx

Monica 122
    122p
    Menu

It’s hard isn’t it? You had unders and that’s usually more painful than overs that’s why you feel like a statue not being able to do a thing.
    Days 2 and 3 are likely to be the worst of all so I strongly hope you’re going to be better now. Get enough sleep so your body can fight the whole trauma xx

Tor Shields 78
    78p
    Menu

I’m only 1 day post op and the pain in my breasts is bearable, just sore and tender. The real problem I’m having is with my back. I don’t know whether I slept funny after my op last night but no matter how hard I try I can’t get comfortable because my back hurts so much ☹

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu

It took me 2 days to find out how to sleep comfortably, I use the v pillow with 2 pillows underneath that and then have one under my neck and one just under my thighs too which stops me sliding down the bed and that works for me. It’s just trial and error at first xx

Tor Shields 78
    78p
    Menu

Thanks Megan I’ll try that tonight. I’ve got a V pillow and a bed wedge but everything just hurts! Ha x

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu

I really didn’t get on with my bed wedge so I don’t use it, just keep trying different positions. You’ll find something that works eventually xx

Lauren 12
    12p
    Menu
    +1

I had overs and was in a lot of pain for the first week, I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t get up off the sofa and I too had horrible sharp pains in my right boob every time I moved my arm or tense my muscles. Week two is much better!!

Clare K 22
    22p
    Menu

How are you feeling today Megan? Hope the pain has got better for you xx

Megan 57
    57p
    Menu

I’m feeling soo much better thank you Clare! 5days po now and I’m still tight and in some discomfort but a lot better thank you xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.