2 DAYS POST OP! UNBEARABLE PAIN! HELP!? Started by: Rael

• Author
    20p
    Menu

I just wanted to share some of my symptoms so I can know if anyone else experienced this. I got my breasts done two days ago (12th June 2017). After my operation I felt fine with minimum pain and I was quite excited because I thought it would hurt a lot more than what it did. But after waking up the morning I am really struggling.

I can not lift myself up when I am in bed or even sitting down on a sofa, when I go to lift myself up it feels like the incisions underneath my breasts are opening up and I get a really bad stinging/burning pain. I have to get my boyfriend to lift me up every single time I want to get up to go to the toilet etc. which is frustrating for us both because I want to be able to do it myself.

I was prescribed Co-codamol but I do not feel like it is taking any of the pain anyway.

Did anyone else experience this? What did you do to help? Will the pain go away soon?

I am scared as I return back to work on Monday and don’t want to feel like I have to call in sick because I am still feeling this pain.

At the moment I have been holding an ice pack to my breasts which I find does help, but it does not take away from that initial burning pain that I get when I sit up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    1p
    Menu
    +1

I was the same I couldn’t do anything for myself at all. Felt better day 4 but all i did was wake up for my meals take the meds and sleep. I’ve hated everyday tbh just want to be healed and back to normal x

Lily 7
    7p
    Menu
    +1

I got mine done yesterday I feel exactly the same I can’t move without any help the co codamol is helping a little bit, it is the worst pain ever I’ve been crying all morning but I think the first few days are supposed to be the worst:( hope you feel better soon girl xx

Rael 20
    20p
    Menu

I have just taken Ibuprofen to try and help a little bit to see if that will make a difference, as I am not finding the Co-codamol is helping, so hopefully that will work. But I do recommended for both you girls to try an ice pack, that is the only thing that is helping me at the moment xx

Lisa 24
    24p
    Menu

Oh Lily it’s a shame your feeling so bad, I’ve not really suffered. Just achy & tightness when I cough. Have you tried bags of ice? They’re helping me at the mo xx

Abigail Todd 14
    14p
    Menu
    +1

Try seeing if you can get codeine, it seemed to help me loads I have had hardly any pain it’s just been sore and it’s bearable! I’m 6 days post op and today I haven’t took any pain killers and I’m fine! X

Hannah 63
    63p
    Menu
    +2

I’m 6 days post op now. And I’ve been the exact same. However I’ve spent no days being in bed all the time, I’ve found being up and mobile has helped- don’t get me wrong I only mean walking around the house. The last 2 days I’ve felt so much better, I’m eating proper meals, I can bath myself, I’ve been having walks to the shop and managing to do most things for myself now. I took ibuprofen alongside cocodamol and ice packs were amazing also xx

Rael 20
    20p
    Menu

Thank you Hannah. I am trying to be as mobile as possible. I find that laying in bed makes the pain worst so I have been trying to be as active as I can be. I just cant wait for all of the pain to go away hah! xx

Donna 1
    1p
    Menu

Have all of you that have suffered badly with pain all been strapped up the same way as Rael ? As that looks like it would be uncomfortable alone.
    I had mine done last Thursday and I haven’t had any pain whatsoever but I’ve had no strapping on and I’m wondering if that makes a difference?

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I didn’t have any strapping but I put my pain down to the macom bra bring way too tight x

Rael 20
    20p
    Menu

I do feel like the strapping is uncomfortable and plays a part in the discomfort I am feeling. I thought that everyone was strapped up the same way as me, but when looking at peoples forums, I see some people without any strapping, or some people with their whole breasts covered with strapping. I wonder why it varies?

Hannah 63
    63p
    Menu

Sorry no I have no strapping, just my incisions covered. My first macom was far too tight casusing me discomfort though. Overall the pain now is mostly in my back from sleeping sat up, it’s absolutely killing me. I also have slight burning over my incisions and my chest is very tight. I just feel over the last 2 days I’ve improved a lot. I wish you a speedy recovery! Xx

Sophie 90
    90p
    Menu
    +2

Im only one day po and the left hand side of my ribs at the side and round to my back is killing me

Anonymous
    1p
    Menu

I’m a week post op today and still in same sore tight pain, I feel like I’ve got 2 rocks on my chest! It hurts to cough even.
    This is without strapping, wearing a macom but looks like I will have to get a MYA bra as I’m actually bursting out of it…… Never said that before! This might be a cause of my pain

viktoria 6
    6p
    Menu

did you have unders or overs babe? theres a drug called diclofenac its in ibroprofen gel you can get it from the chemist it works wonders on muscle pain xx

L Collins 2
    2p
    Menu

I’m 2days post op now and my right breast feels like it’s in fire especially when I try get up , my left breast is just slightly tender but no problem . I was on co-codomol but I really suffer from trapped wind and constipation since the op. I’ve tried taking codiene & paracetamol which helps the pain a little but still constipation even after taking senna .. any suggestions please

Maddie 1
    1p
    Menu

I’m 5 days post op and personally I’d say days 2 and 3 are the worst. Every time I moved I’d get a sharp stabbing pain in my right boob and my incisions felt like they were burning all the time and I couldn’t breathe deeply because it felt like being stabbed every time I did! Cocodamol is very good pain relief and keep using ice packs they’re a lifesaver! For the constipation I’d recommend lactulose (much gentler than dulcolax which gave me awful cramps). It takes a day or two to kick in but is much gentler and works effectively xx

Nikki 9
    9p
    Menu

Not that im glad others are having pain but i was worried that others seemed to be fine and im in agony! Much the same as described here, aching, shooting and stabbing pains that are excrucaiting, cant move, back killing etc. Im day 2 i think? do you count the day of surgery as day one? in which case i would be day 3? surgery on the 18th!

xxxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.