2 Weeks Today! Help with Worries and Tips to prepare me please! Started by: Abi

• Author
    11p
    Menu
    +1

So today marks 2 weeks until surgery!
    I’m so beyond excited as I’ve wanted this for 15 years but because I’ve been waiting for so long, I’m so anxious that it is going to get cancelled for whatever reason!
    I have a history with postnatal depression/anxiety (8 years ago) and my nurse didn’t request a letter or anything from my GP so hoping that will be ok however when you read stories on here of girls having their surgery cancelled due to a history with mental health, it’s quite worrying!
    Also at my pre-op, my BP and heart rate was slightly on the high side which we put down to nerves. The nurse said this will have to stabilise on the day but I’m going to be a bag of nerves on d-day so surely my BP and heart rate will rocket! I’ll be so upset if my surgery is cancelled because of this!

Anyway, any tips to prepare me for d-day will be so appreciated. Anything’s in particular I should take/do etc?

My surgery is at Fitzroy with Dr Sleiter. I’m currently 32b and have 325cc overs!

Amy halliwell 28
    28p
    Menu

What date you having it done ? I’ve got mine on 28 feb at Fitzroy with dr sleiter I’m having 425cc overs HP

Daniella 21
    21p
    Menu

Abi, just keep as positive as you can. Best thing I got was a travel neck and V pillow for sleeping up right. Straws are a god send also so you don’t have to tip your glass. Best of luck xxx

Clare K 22
    22p
    Menu

Hi had my surgery with dr sleiter yesterday. He is amazing. I was so nervous on the day he answered all my questions went through the whole procedure with me. He was great. All the staff are amazing and really settled my nerves. I had 400 cc overs. Uk

Abi 11
    11p
    Menu

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Thank you so much girls!
    My surgery date is the 15th! X

Mimi 45
    45p
    Menu

Hey, my biggest bits of advice would be a v neck pillow I got mine from tj Hughes it’s a teddy bear one so fluffy material! A straw cup is deffinatly good too and maybe a couple of different sized post op bras mines from M&S extra high impact sports bra it’s really comfy however due to swelling it feels tight around the bottom so maybe go up a back size x

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.