3 days to go… nerves/ what to take on the day? Started by: Charlotte Spuffard

• Author

Just 3 days until I’m having my op! Feels like yesterday I was saying it’s 6 weeks to go!!!
    So scared and so nervous- I completely forgot about the tube that’s inserted whilst you’re under and it’s freaking me out… not that I’ll see/feel it but still the thought!
    Packing my hospital bag: what do I take?
    I’ve got slippers, a zip up jacket but confused as to what post op bra I should take- I have 3!
    M&s high impact and 2 macoms one ibra and one signature bra… should I just take all 3 and let the nurse decide?
    What else will I need?
    Thankyou to anyone that comments and reassures me.. nerves are at an all time high right now !
    Xx

Jen 107
    107p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Charlotte! I’m booked in for Monday and I’m just putting my bag together! I’m packing a zip up hoodie, big socks, snacks, phone charger and bras as advised by my PC! I have the bras from MYA but from what I’ve read the Macoms are you’re best bet but I’m sure the nurses will advise if you take all three…

Wishing you good luck with your op I hope everything goes well xxx

Nathalie 21
    21p
    Menu
    +1

Hey, I was an overnight case 2 days ago! I bought mags, tablet, macom bra, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair bands with no metal, Vaseline ( my lips went so dry!) and a zip hoodie oh and just underwear! I have no memory of the tube whatsoever! Honestly th surgery is nothing to be worried about! Let me know if you have any questions xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu
    +1

Hi babe.

Don’t be nervous. It’s honestly a doddle and I’m the biggest wimp going! You’ll have absolutely no recollection of the tube.

I took my v pillow, basic toiletries (don’t forget roll on deodorant & not a spray) and a change of clothes. Try a zip up shirt or a buttoned up shirt. Magazines, phone charger. I also took some snacks for myself after waking up. They do give you a sandwhich but by the time I’d come round I felt like I could eat a small child xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Is there a reason your not allowed spray deodorant? I hate roll on lol x

Nathalie 21
    21p
    Menu
    +1

@jadeb you have more control of a roll on if that makes sense? When you spray it could go anywhere but a roll on goes on a specific part of your arm so it’s less likely to accidentally go near your incisions and cause infection xx

Menu

Thankyou everyone for the kind messages and advice! Will be sure to post pics when it’s all done ! @jsmily good luck for tomorrow !! Hope it all goes swiftly 🙂
    Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.