3 hours after surgery!! Started by: Leah Chalmers

• Author
    +2

Hi girls!!!

I thought I’d give you a little update to put your mind at ease if you’re due to have your boobs done soon.

So, im at Fitzroy with Dr. Linda. I was at admitted at 9am, and my surgery took place at 2.30pm (she had a lot of people to operate on!).

1) I had my own room with a t.v., the staff are LOVELY and wait on you hand and foot, everything is clean and cosy. I recommend bringing a phone charger with you – they have Wi-Fi.

2) They give you the anaesthetic in the actual operating room (if you’ve ever had surgery in an NHS hospital, you’ll know that you normally.do in a little room). Prepare yourself for that, because there are a good few people (who are very supportive), bright lights etc. Which feels quite clinical, but very professional.

3) I woke up in a little room, everyone was smiling and chattering away at me, which felt nice. I was itching a lot, mainly my nose but that was just the drugs. I didn’t speak for a little while because I couldn’t string a sentence together! Hahaha. I stayed with them until I was fully awake and talking, then they took me to my own room.

4) They were insistant that I had to drink plenty of water, because I hadn’t had anything to drink for 20 hours. They bought me toast which has never tasted so good!! Really thick bread, salty butter, coffee, 2 types of jam, nutella, honey, marmite, Philadelphia, shortbread and cookies!!!! It was lovely – I was really impressed. Beats NHS post op food!!!

Now… the pain…

I’ve had 425cc under the muscle and it’s GENUINELY not bad. They said that I do have a high pain threshold, but it just feels like I’m having a game of pile on and I’m at the bottom – I’m having to make sure I don’t over do it and trust myself too much!! I haven’t had to ask for any extra pain relief since I woke up 4.5 hours ago.

I have to stay here for a while longer (it’s 9.30pm) because Dr. Linda won’t discharge anyone until she’s finished all of her surgeries and seen everyone individually. My chaperone is moaning more than me!! I’m really comfy and watching tv!!!

You don’t get wrapped it have your bra until you leave… Which is nice, because they’re swelling!

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.