3 weeks post op and still not sleeping – advice please Started by: Holly

• Author
    10p
    Menu

Hi girls, I’m 3 weeks and 3 days post op today, the first week I was told to sleep upright since then I’ve tried to sleep led down but it starts to really hurt after about 5 minutes.

When I move back to the sofa and sleep upright I feel loads better, the pain seems to always be on the side of my left boob.

Can anyone tell me how they are sleeping and if this is normal? I’m so tired!

X

Stacey 496
    496p
    Menu

Hi Hun I was like this for weeks afterwards I slept on my settee for the full two weeks if not longer as just couldn’t get comfy hang in there Hun it gets better and sleeping goes back to normal xxx

Anonymous
    2p
    Menu

I’ve found a really comfy position in bed, at an angle but not upright. I use 3 pillows in the position where you would normally have your pillow, then one pillow below that pile so it sort of supports your mid/lower back and then I have my V pillow laid over, then a pillow either side. So I’m not flat on my back but am not upright but I’ve had the best sleeps since I did that x

Jordan 15
    15p
    Menu

I’m nearly 4 weeks post op and I am still sleeping propped up! I find if I lay flatter I wake up soooo achy x

Anonymous
    3p
    Menu
    +1

I’ve not had mine done yet, but in preparation i’ve bought a 9 foot U shaped pregnancy pillow, it’s huge but fits on the bed still as obviously the 9 foot is like wrapped around in the U shape. Anyway, i’ve tried laying upright in all different angles and let me tell you, i don’t think it will be a problem at that, that thing is SO soft and comfy.. you can prop the top up and lay your head on it & it comes all down the side of you to stop you rolling etc

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.