4 days post op! Started by: LA

• Author
    0p
    Menu

Girls… please can you tell me bloating is normal after surgery? I’m really struggling today I can not breathe through the tightness of my chest and along with that I am so bloated I could pass as being pregnant- my stomaches huge. Has anyone else struggled with this? I had 350cc unders HP on Wednesday morning. Felt fine all of day one (still out of it through the meds)

I was hoping by this point I’d be feeling better within myself but it seems to be getting worse I’m feeling sick and just really weird.

I’m trying to get back to being a little more myself but I feel like a giant T-Rex at the moment. I know it’s all going to be worth it but everywhere I look everyone tells me they felt so much better by day 4 and 5.

Anonymous
    3p
    Menu

I was horribly bloated for a good 2 weeks post op, and didn’t start to feel myself until I came off the meds after 1 week. I’m now 23 days PO and the bloating has totally gone and everything is settling in nicely. Hang in there, one day at a time and it gets better I promise 🙂

Jodie 3
    3p
    Menu

Hi, im 8 days post op and still very bloated today. Everyone is different and recover differently. If there has been one thing I have learned it is to not compare myself to others on here as lots of other people seem to be fine 3 days after, which seemed to worry me as I still feel sore 8 days on. It does get easier though, hang in there. I felt fine yesterday but think I pushed myself too much too soon as im paying for it today. Get plently of rest and hope you feel better soon x

LA
    0p
    Menu

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I’m so glad it’s not just me I was worried.. I feel like my body is in total shock from the amount of meds you have to take. I’m trying to cut them out as much as I can other than the antibiotics.

Fingers crossed daily it will improve. Xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.