4 days post op help? Started by: Olivia

• Author
    14p
    Menu

So yesterday I was getting shooting/burning pain in my chest when I moved which was quite painful. Woke up this morning at 5 and couldn’t get off the couch I was in that much pain. Took me about 2 hours and couldn’t stop crying in pain. I spoke to my nurse yesterday and she seems to think it’s normal. Has anyone else had this?? I thought by day 4 I would be feeling loads better but today’s probably my worst!’xx

Rebecca 6
    6p
    Menu

Hi Olivia I was exactly like this I am currently 14 days post op.. hang in there becuase it does get better I found that my 3rd 4th and 5th day the worst xx

Olivia 14
    14p
    Menu

Hi thank you Rebecca so glad Its not just me. Stated to make me panic as I feel like I’m just going down hill with the pain. It’s making me so emotional , pain killers don’t seem to do much. When I’m sat not doing anything it’s fine just soon as I try to move or stand up. It sounds ridiculous but I actually thought I was going to past out before the pain just shot through my chest made me feel sick!
    Least I know it will get better though thank you xxxx

Rebecca 6
    6p
    Menu

Yes your definitely not on your own, I was in so much pain and I thought it would never pass but after the 7 day Mark you start to feel a little better each day try not to keep still for so long as I found doing that made me feel so much worse.. my painkillers didn’t really do much too , try stay positive and each day that passes is a day closer to being back to yourself xxx

Olivia 14
    14p
    Menu

That’s what I feel like the pains killers are not really doing much! Aw I hope so! That’s for the advice!! It is usually more painful in a morning and after a nap! I’ll try be more active see if that helps. Thank you xxx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.