4 weeks on…. does this look normal? Started by: Carmen

• Author
    4p
    Menu

So iv been to the nurse at least once a week now and was healing up but started to Ooze green pus. Hoping I don’t need to have implant removed with infection

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

Is that little hole like a small cavity? Are they more swollen? Any pus is generally a sign of infection I haven’t had mine yet but I hear they give abx cover might give you a little course of abx. X

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

Yes nurse said it was abit of delayed healing. I have been putting iodine gauze on there, looks like I need to visit again this week ? iv taken so much time off work as it is, but I guess my health is more important. I’m going they can give me antibiotics and it fixes the problem. No not swollen or any pain a little stingy at times in the day. X

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

Iodine is good silver and honey work well too. As long as its not opening more and there isn’t excessive amounts I think youl be okay xx

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

In the last hour a big hole has developed ? iv been on the phone to the emergency line and emailed over pictures. I’m 1.5hr away from the hospital. X

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

The dark patch is a scab but the hole has developed above. X

Marilyn 34
    34p
    Menu

If its opening more yea u need to see them. Try not to panic hun they will get you fixed up in no time. Is it still leaking? Wishing you all the best. You could always attend a local walk in or a and e to have it redressed in meantime? Hope everything works out. Keep us updated xxx

Menu

Hi carmen, I have the same problem mine started as 2 small holes then they went deeper and was pussing a lot now I have developed one large hole that’s pussing, what happened with yours please? Need reassurance x

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

Hi Paige mine hasn’t still healed ? and I’m 5weeksPO today. I’m due to see the nurse again this Friday! I’m going to demand antibiotics if still Hasn’t cleared as I’m worrying it’s goinh further in and really don’t want to have implant removed for infection. I’m currently putting iodine gauze and a plaster on and changing every 2days. I would keep in touch with your nurse and let her know the process. Xx

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

Also Paige have you been to your nurse? My hole was a stitch that has rejected. X

Koral 42
    42p
    Menu

Your find things hard heal better when the air can get to the them but you should of had
    Some more antibiotics can you not try your own gp practice ?

Jessica 26
    26p
    Menu

I’ve had the same problem! I’ve been emailing my nurse back and forth. I’m over 7WPO and I’m still having issues with little sections of my scars oozing. I had a course of antibiotics at about 4.5WPO but still hasn’t helped. Yours looks the same as mine & in the same place! Xx

Jessica 26
    26p
    Menu

Here are my photos x

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

I’m thinking of going to the gp on Monday! But i took of my plaster last night to find a new hole has appeared round my nipple ? it’s all my left side I can feel my implant and get underneath it when I press its clicking! Even my left I deffo think I will need revision, both my breast were the same size before now one in much bigger that the other! I’m so down about it all now.

Carmen 4
    4p
    Menu

Both wound sites

Jessica 26
    26p
    Menu

Have you got any photos hun? I think it’s best if you go to see your GP. Your GP can prescribe antibiotics that may help! If not you have to wait until your surgeon has seen photos or seen you in person to prescribe it.

Do you have any photos? I’d love to see if it’s similar to mine x

Nikki Vaughan 11
    11p
    Menu

Girls have yous had any luck with healing? I’m almost 4weeks post op and have a bit on my right incision which is oozing at the moment. I have it covered back up again now and on antibiotics. Can barely sleep for worrying. Would love some reassurance ❤

Rachel
    0p
    Menu

I know this is a long shot because the post was from 2017 but if anyone can reply please I really need reassurance.

I am 1 week PO (breast reduction and uplift) Friday: I had my dressings removed and everything looked absolutely fine and I was really happy with the results.

Saturday: I had a lot of watery yellow leakage from left breast, Saturday night I woke up covered in a thick bloody yellow thick leakage. I rang an ambulance because I was absolutely terrified, I went to A&E and they said my incision was infected. It was literally pouring out of my incision. They squeezed a lot of the stuff out, cleaned it and bandaged me up.

Sunday: I spoke with my surgeon on the phone and got an appointment for Monday morning.

Monday 2:12am: just woke up again with same issue covered in the leakage.

I am really really really scared, how can so much of it be coming from my breast, there is so much of it!

Can anyone help reassure me, I am beside myself.

Sarah 3
    3p
    Menu

Can I ask about the urine test? Did you have privacy or not as I’ve heard so many stories like they watch you. This makes me a little nervous x

Carly 2
    2p
    Menu

How are things today Rachel? Did you have drains in? It sounds like your having a hell of a time xx

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.