6 months post op results, Dr Ibraheim. Super happy! Started by: Anonymous

• Author
    0p
    Menu
    +3

Hiya ladies! I am six months post labiaplasty op and I thought I’d share my results! My PC was Francesca Murphy at Fitzroy and was a brilliant support from my initial consultation to post op answering all of my questions and giving me her advice too. My surgeon was Dr Ibraheim and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him! He has been doing what he does a long time and must be one of the best to see for labiaplasty. I hated my appearance so much I just wanted it gone and didn’t think about how I wanted it to look aesthetically afterward. As well as removing the excess he is also concerned with achieving a beautiful look that is natural. He explained the ‘wedge’ method and how it is much smoother and not just ‘trimming’ the skin which a lot of surgeons seem to do from my previous research. I said personally I wanted it all gone like Barbie (!) I was so scared to have general anaesthetic but my pc and surgeon both reassured me I would not die, the result would be better and I’d be more comfortable. I had my procedure at Preston First Trust. Dr Ibraheim came to see me before my op to clarify exactly what I wanted which was comforting and after the op a couple times to make sure I was ok. I got really scared beforehand and cried but everyone was so reassuring and lovely and I was absolutely fine. Don’t worry, I think they see it all. Please take a chaperone with you who is supportive though, I took my Mum and she freaked out which was a bit stressful so it was the surgeon and lovely staff who really comforted me and kept me calm. I was so well looked after. It is a very nice chilled little hospital. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there as it is literally hidden down a country road. The pain was minimal, a day after I kept waiting for it but it never came and I never touched the painkillers they prescribed! Of course it was uncomfortable if I put too much stress on it. I kept walking to a minimum the first week, used salt water religiously after I peed and showered and then in the weeks after that I was carful not to exert myself. I had a lot of bruising and swelling which intermittent icing helped with. I didn’t look at it properly for the first week or so because I knew how bruised I was. I can tell you 6 months on I am so happy with my results. Everything has swelled down and has exceeded what I hoped for. I’m also amazed I can’t see any scars- after my stitches came out and I seemed healed I did use coconut oil which kept everything comfortable too. It was the best thing I ever did for myself to be honest!!! Thought I’d just share 6 months on because I wish I got it done sooner! X

Emma 5
    5p
    Menu
    +1

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve been researching this for SO long- just waiting for a consultation now! So good to hear positive stories like this. Happy for you and your new found confidence xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Thank you 🙂 good luck with your consultation! Xx

Jessica04 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

Hi Lilly!
    I’m one week post op today and have been very lucky with my healing process so far, very minimal swelling and bruising!
    I was just wondering at what stage did your stitches start to come out? I had my post op appointment with the nurse yesterday and she said they can sometimes last for longer than 6 weeks.
    How long did it take for you to heal fully? 🙂
    So happy you’re so pleased with your results, I’m hoping I’ll be as happy with mine once I’m all healed!
    X

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi doll!
    That’s great, my healing process was pretty smooth too! I think my stitches were all out after about 3-4 weeks, I had a bit of swelling so there might have been a few left.
    I thought I was fully healed after about 6 weeks but actually I think it took a couple months for my swelling to go completely and see the full effect. I have no doubt you’ll be pleased ????
    Also if you go to the gym, they say you can go after like 6 weeks but I really wouldn’t recommend pushing yourself too soon because it felt kind of like it was pulling. Definitely give yourself time to rest
    Xxx

Jessica04 4
    4p
    Menu
    +1

Ah amazing, thanks for your answers!
    I was wondering about the gym, I went back to work yesterday and was quite uncomfortable, I have quite an active job so I had to take it easy. I’m still only 13 days post op so wouldn’t be going back to the gym anytime soon but I don’t want to go too early!
    Would you recommend waiting longer than the 6 weeks in terms of sex or did you find 6 weeks was enough?
    Thanks for your help! 🙂
    Xx

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu

Hi Jessica! Sorry for the late reply I didn’t see the notification! To be honest I waited longer than the 6 weeks because I was scared but I think as long as you’re fully healed and you actually feel fully healed ie no tightness or pulling you won’t need to wait a few months like me lol xxx

Mel 7
    7p
    Menu

Hi, just wondering what happens at your app with the surgeon? I feel so nervous about booking it before I know exactly what happens! Sounds silly but I’m guessing you have to get undressed in the room for him to have a look and discuss what he’s going to do? any advice would be great, thank you!! x

Michelle 3
    3p
    Menu
    +1

Mel , dr ibraheim is lovely had my op 2 days ago ! At your first appointment you will have a look together and discuss what you want and he will tell you what he can do to achieve it . I was embarrassed but he made me feel totally at easy . I researched for a long time and he’s def the best surgeon for doing this , my advice is go see him x

Anonymous
    0p
    Menu
    +2

Hi Mel! Yes you have to get undressed and discuss what you want exactly. I was pleasantly surprised because as well as removing what I saw as the problem he also reminded me he is a cosmetic surgeon and also care about achieving the look you want and making it beautiful! Don’t be nervous, he’s been doing what he does for a very long time and is the best of the best. There will also be a nurse there and everyone is so welcoming and nice! Focus on the outcome!

Menu

Hi ladies. I haven’t had any consultation yet but how do you know if you need the hood trimming aswell? At the moment I feel a tingling sensation all the way down my right leg and I feel my clitorus is stimulated throughout the day even though I haven’t had sex for a few days. I’m so nervous as my labia have been large since day 1.

You must log in to reply to this topic.

Arrange a free consultation

Need some help?

Start a live chat session with one of our expert advisors.

Start Chat

Don't notify me about this again.