MYA Newcastle Clinical Hub
MYA are proud to be market leaders and the first cosmetic surgery provider to introduce virtual eConsultations. We offer a personalised eConsult service that has been uniquely designed to meet the needs of our patients with the added convenience of being from the comfort of their own homes.
The majority of our touchpoints are carried out virtually, for your convenience, but there are instances when it’s necessary to travel to a physical location. You will be asked to travel to our Newcastle clinical hub to meet your Surgeon and your Nurse, and for any post-operative appointments. Your Surgeon and Nurse appointments are scheduled on the same day to minimise the amount of times you need to travel to one of our clinical hubs.
The Newcastle clinical hub is the most northern of all our locations, situated just an hour and a half from the Scottish border on the famous Quayside and is easily accessible from locations across the North East, with regular transport links from places such as Sunderland, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Durham and Darlington.
This location does not have exterior MYA signage, but can be found in the Coronation Building at 65 Quayside on the 2nd floor. This clinical hub has disabled access and a lift is available once inside the building.
MYA Newcastle Patient Journey
- Initial eConsult: You will meet with one of our friendly and professional eConsult Advisors via video call to discuss what to expect during your MYA journey. You will learn about the procedure, see before and after photos and ask any questions. Your eConsult advisor will also discuss surgery costs and payment plans with you.
- Surgeon eConsult: You meet your surgeon twice as part of a two-stage consent process. Your first meeting will be via eConsult video call. Here your Surgeon will run through your procedure, ask about your requirements and the look you want to achieve, and they will outline any risks and limitations.
- Physical clinical hub day in Newcastle: You will meet your surgeon for a physical assessment and for measurements to be taken. You will then meet your MYA Nurse afterwards to have your vitals and photographs taken.
- ePre-op: This is a pre-operative assessment with a MYA Nurse, carried out via eConsult video call. This appointment is to run through your medical history and discuss any findings from your GP summary. Your Nurse will discuss what to expect, how to prepare for your procedure day and outline your post-op care requirements.
- Surgery day: Your surgery will take place at one of our wonderful hospital locations.
- Post-operative assessments at clinical hub in Newcastle: You will attend the Newcastle clinical hub to receive your post-operative wound care from a MYA Nurse. You will meet your Surgeon for final sign off after 12 weeks.
The closest hospital to the Manchester clinical hub is the wonderful First Trust Hospital in Preston.
You may be required to travel to one of our London hospitals for your surgery depending on your Surgeon and hospital availability.
First Trust Hospital: D'Urton Ln, Broughton, Preston PR3 5LD
By rail: Transport links from Sunderland, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Durham and Darlington. Newcastle central station is a 7 minute taxi to the clinical hub.
- From Newcastle central station
- Turn right out of central station and head for Collingwood Street
- Walk along Collingwood Street until you reach Dean Street and turn right to walk down the bank
- Follow the road down until you reach the Quayside, you will see places such as Uno’s, Vermont Hotel and Aveika
- Head towards the Quayside front by continuing along this road
- You will then see Greggs on your left-hand side, continue along this road until you reach Charts bar
- Your destination is in the next building.
- From the A1 at junction 69 take the A184 exit to central Newcastle/ central Gateshead.
- Continue onto A184
- Keep right to continue on to A189
- Turn left onto Scotswood Road/A695
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Plummer Street/A695 and continue to follow A695
- Continue straight on to Forth Banks/B1600
- Follow A695 and this will take you on to the Quayside front.
- The Q1 and Q2 bus services both run from Haymarket bus station, this is a regular service which takes you via the Quayside.
- You can choose your stop at the Law Courts which is located around a 1-2-minute walk from the clinic.
- Quayside multi-storey behind Newcastle Law Courts, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Travel Lodge just behind the law Courts, have a car park, and open to the public for parking.
- There is street parking which is pay and display. Spaces are not always available. Free after 6.30pm.
MYA are the market leader in cosmetic surgery and our expert team of surgeons are some of the most experienced, skilled and highly qualified in the industry.
- Breast Enlargement (Boob Job)
- Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Uplift with Implants (Augmented Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction
- Implant Removal and Reaugmentation (2nd Breast Enlargement)
- Tubular Breasts
- Breast Asymmetry
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job/Nose Reshaping)
- Liposuction (Fat Removal)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Labiaplasty (Vaginal Surgery)
- Facelift, Neck Lift, Chin Lift
- Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty)
- Eye Bag Removal (Blepharoplasty)
- Liposuction for Men
- Tummy Tuck for Men
- Rhinoplasty for Men
- Male Chest Reduction (Gynaecomastia)
To help keep you and others safe, please arrive at the clinical hub or hospital wearing a face mask. If you have developed COVID-19 symptoms, do not attend your appointment, and alert your MYA clinic.
Patients must attend the clinical hubs alone and are asked not to arrive early for their appointment time. Patients may be required to wait outside the clinical hub until they are ready to be seen. Breast implant patients must supply their own sports bra and top for trying on implant sizers when attending an appointment at the clinical hub.